Raha Moharrak/ 1st Saudi Woman to summit Everest!
Growing up in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, a country with a conservative culture specially for women, mountaineering will not be the type of sports or path you would typically expect her to gravitate towards. With a bit of luck, coincidence and a twist of fate, she was introduced to the world of mountaineering, and since then, she have never looked back and now she is the 1st Saudi woman and youngest Arab not only to climb Everest the highest peak in the world but also the 7 summits.
Raha Moharrak is the first guest on “The Sara Shabana Show” podcast, she shared her challenges in facing the stereotypes, what she learned from her journey in the mountains, and what success means to her.
This jam-packed episode covering a range of topics including:
- How Raha went from a full-time art director to a full time adventurer.
- Life is a journey and not what merely takes us from point A to point B.
- Why you should follow your soul calling and the magic it can bring to your life.
- What failure really is.
- The importance of building a personal brand.
- How women can embrace their beauty.
- What’s the definition of success?
Connect with Raha on Instagram: @RahaMoharrak